Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Night Knitting Club

While I was on vacation, I finished White Tiger. It was a good story and an interesting portrayal of the people who live as servants in India.

I also read the Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs which tells the story of Walker and Daughter knitting shop including Georgia (the owner), Dakota (her teenage daughter), Anita (the elderly woman who works part time the shop and wise mother-figure) plus various other employees and customers who make up the Friday Night Knitting Club.

It's an easy read, kind of chick lit, but the knitting aspect is fun and made me wish I was a better knitter or that Walker and Daughter was down the street. The story has a sad ending, which I didn't necessarily like, especially because I finished it right before bed. So if you do pick it up, I suggest making sure you finish it before bedtime.

No comments: