Saturday, January 07, 2012

Too Much Happiness

I have admired Alice Munro's writing for a while, so I was eager to read her latest collection of stories Too Much Happiness.

The first few stories were wonderful I particularly found Dimensions, Wenlock Edge and Free Radicals some of the best of Munro's stories. Each started out ordinary but then took a twist I wasn't expecting.

However, when I got to Woods and Too Much Happiness, the two last stories in the collection, I wasn't as impressed. I was especially surprised by Too Much Happiness since it is the title story. It was just a little unclear and jumped around too much - and I think there was a typo of the name in two places in my edition which just distracted and confused me.

I would still recommend this collection, and her others.

No comments: