Friday, May 11, 2012

Sister: A Novel

As you've gathered by now, I have a penchant for good mysteries and heard a lot recently about a new author, Rosamund Lupton, and her book Sister: A Novel.

I picked it up on my way to Charlotte for a week off and started it right before I drove back to PA, which was terrible timing! It was such a good book, I had to resist pulling into every rest area to read a chapter.

The story is told through a long narrative from Bee to her sister, Tess, who is missing and then is found dead. The police rule it a suicide, but Bee is convinced that the sister she knew so well would never kill herself. She relentlessly pursues leads and the truth and the reader is taken on a roller coaster as Bee considers and dismisses various suspects.

What was so compelling for me about Sister, is that Lupton combines the art of a great mystery with a story about the misunderstandings and unconditional love among sisters.


No comments: