Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Great Book Club Books

Great book club books:

Are you looking for a book for your next book club? Or just want to read something juicy that you can discuss with friends? Here's my list of great book club books and what my book club is reading next.

Thirteenth Tale, Diane Setterfield
Bel Canto, Ann Pachett
Notes on a Scandal, Zoe Heller
The Inheritance of Loss, Kiran Desai
The Distant Land of My Father, Bo Caldwell
The True Story of Hansel and Gretel, Lisa Murphy
The History of Love, Nicole Krauss
The Known World, Edward P. Jones

What my book club is reading next:
Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Marisha Pessl

2 comments:

alice said...

Hi Joanna,
Susan gave me the Thirteenth Tale for Christmas - I read it in two days despite the noise and confusion around here! What a great, old-style novel. Thanks for the list of books - all I need is more time!!

Susan said...

I have recently finished The Thirteenth Tale, too. Funny that it didn't appeal to me when I saw it on bookstore shelves...I really loved it. Thanks for the great recommendation, sis!