Monday, August 22, 2011

E-readers Part II

Even after my previous post on e-readers, I ended up being gifted a Kindle. I am starting grad school and thinking that it could be helpful and convenient tool for my text books, I decided to give it a shot.

I opened it and within 20 minutes was wishing I had left the box unopened. I hated it! There's no way to say it more nicely. I had trouble with the keys (tiny for my big fingers), had trouble reading the screen and couldn't tell what page I was on. Plus I found the Kindle store annoying.

I was planning to try to return it, but ended up finding a friend willing to buy it off me (cash goes a long way as a grad student!) and happily passed it along.

For now, I will stick with the old fashioned paper and ink. I may get left behind, but for now that's okay.


1 comment:

Ingrid said...

LONG LIVE THE (PAPER) BOOK!